The countdown is on: Our latest book, Remodelista: The Low-Impact Home, comes out in just a few days, on Tuesday, October 4. Head here to order, and scroll down for a peek inside plus more design news on our radar:
- To celebrate the book’s launch, we’re partnering with some of our favorite eco-minded makers to give away made-to-last, green finds for all over the house. Enter here before midnight EST on Sunday, October 2, for a chance to win, and take a look at the prizes (a charming striped mattress roll, linen tablecloth, jute rug, and more) here.
- It’s that time of year: Field & Supply returns to the Hutton Brickyards in Kingston, NY, next weekend, October 7-9. See the full list of attendees and get all the details here.
- Going on today in Katonah, NY: the 71st Annual Herb Fair, put on by the New York chapter of the Herb Society of America, featuring a book signing with Frances Palmer and “Making Tisanes: from Garden to Teacup” with Deborah Needleman. Find the full schedule and info here.
- Revisiting the work of pioneering cabinetmaker Nancy Hiller.
- Margot is admiring these tables made of cork, one of the world’s great renewable natural materials.
- 9 tried-and-true favorites for stocking the shed.
- How to start a natural dyes garden.
- Lastly, for your weekend streaming: Magnolia Network’s Point of View: A Designer Profile series, featuring this week’s house tour, Coaster’s Chance: A 1760s Sea Captain’s Cottage in a Moody Palette.